Who does not love a good sandwich? New York has a ton of them and Grub Street has ranked the top 100. Sadly I have only had 9 of them, but am happy to report that almost half of them involve pork! I was actually really excited to see Catene made the list. This old school Italian deli on 9th Street and 4th Avenue is a gem I found when I worked in the area. I have made a short list of sammmy’s on the list that I need to eat soon! I want to eat them all but I have to start somewhere!
100. Tuna Melt, Eisenberg’s
99. The Elvis, Peanut Butter & Co.
81. Crispy Pork Sandwich, Bark
78. Chicken Sandwich, Chick-fil-A
52. BBQ Rib Sandwich, Momofucku Ssäm Bar
37. Eggplant Parmigiana, Catene Italian Deli
26. Country Ham Biscuit, Egg
14. Pastrami, Katz’s Delicatessen
10. Porchetta Sandwich, Porchetta
44. Tête de Cochon Sandwich, Resto
38. Pork ‘Burger,’ Xi’an Famous Foods
20. Sloppy Bao, Baoguette
17. Smoked Pork Shoulder Bánh Mì, Fatty ’Cue
4. Pâté Thit Nguôi, Ba Xuyen
3. Cubano Sandwich, the Spotted Pig
1. Smoked Brisket, Fatty ’Cue
For more details and pictures check out the list here.